If you have periodontal disease, root planing and scaling is good restorative surgery to consider. Root planing and scaling are treatments that completely clean the teeth from the gum line down to the tooth roots. These procedures may be able to help you in maintaining good oral health. In this blog, our dentists at Modern Dental Smiles have covered everything you need to know about scaling and root planing.
What Is Scaling & Root Planing?
Root planing and scaling are effective in the treatment of periodontal diseases ranging from mild to severe symptoms. This procedure is especially important when pockets have formed between your teeth and gum tissues. Your Jupiter dentist will usually perform root planing and scaling to remove any waste that has developed in the periodontal pockets. Cleaning them can help to avoid the infection from spreading further.
Steps Of Your Scaling & Root Planing Procedure
Do you have any questions about your scaling and root planing procedure? Your dentist in Jupiter has provided all the steps of the procedure in this section
- The gums are first sedated to ensure that the patient feels as little discomfort as possible.
- The extra tartar is then scraped away from the gumline with specialized scraping tools.
- Ultrasonic equipment is used to remove big particles of dirt while a metal dental scraping tool is used to carefully detail and clean the teeth.
- At the same time, your Jupiter dentist will use a water irrigation system to help remove the dirt and thoroughly wash it off. Water and saliva are also suctioned out with a suction device.
- Antibiotic fibers are utilized to prevent infection in cases when there are large gum pockets. Your dentist in Jupiter will, however, remove it after one week, when your gums have fully recovered.
Advantages Of Scaling & Root Planing
This process has many advantages in terms of dental health. For your convenience, our dentists have compiled a list of the benefits in this section
Periodontitis and other oral health disorders, such as tooth decay, can lead to persistent bad breath. By controlling gum infection, root planing and scaling can help to eliminate bad breath.
No More Tooth Decay
During this procedure, the dental care professionals will remove any sort of plaque or tartar accumulation. This helps to prevent further decay and damage and also the formation of gum pockets
Reduces Chances Of Tooth Loss
One of the most common causes of tooth loss is periodontal disease. The scaling and root planing treatment can help to avoid tooth loss by preventing gum infections. Consult our dental office and get scaling & root planing procedures today!
Root planing and scaling can help protect the roots of your teeth when dangerous plaque and germs begin to collect below the gum line. They will protect the roots from infection, preventing the disease from spreading.
Prevents Periodontal Infection
Root planing and scaling is a safe and efficient treatment that can dramatically improve the condition of your gums.
We hope this blog has helped you to understand everything about scaling & root planing. Book an appointment with us at Modern Dental Smiles if you are interested in the best root planing & scaling procedure in Jupiter, FL.